Friday, January 4, 2008

Panic Update...

OK, so I finally got in touch with my Doc's nurse and she looked over my last cycle with this protocol (apparently the reason cd13 was chosen is because the records for my last IUI weren't in order the day I saw him) and said if I was more comfortable doing the first u/s on cd12 that would be fine....and as I was typing this I made my appt for Monday at 2:45. I realize the difference between this appt and the one I had scheduled on Tuesday is only about 18 hours, but it makes me feel better to be seen on cd12 and not cd13 for the initial check. God bless the lady in u/s because the normal scheduler told me nothing was available. Yes I realize this could mean I still need to go back on cd13....although my guess is not because the size on cd12 can estimate the size on cd13, and yes I know this still means I may not get the trigger until cd13 just like it would have been with the u/s that day but it makes me feel better gosh darn it and it makes this "feeling" I had about it a little better! Honestly, I hate the fact I have developed anal-ality about this stuff.... Oh, and if my IUI is Wednesday DH isn't going to like that at all....it's his busiest day at work, but tough cookies if I could do it without ya I would. I'm pretty sure sperm isn't good after two hours in the car, haha.

Also, funny story....apparently the message I left Dr. W's nurse wasn't very clear because when she called me back she had to leave a message for me and she starts talking about how usually you need to wait 14-18 days past the trigger to test for pregnancy and if it is positive they will run betas every 2-3 days, etc, etc. When I called her back she thought I my question was pertaining to getting my cycle after the IUI, not telling the doc I was in my new cycle and will need the IUI....she was great though once she finally figured out what I meant, haha. I think I suck at leaving medical messages and getting my point across.

Lastly, if I need to do this again next cycle I am going to suck it up and drive the 2 hours for the u/s....maybe I will get lucky and it falls on a Saturday or Sunday. I really appreciate the offer Dr. Wonderful made to have my u/s here, but it's a bitch to try and make u/s appts especially since they must happen on certain days. I feel bad about NEEDING one on a specific cycle day in such an already very busy OB office.

Oh well....the damage is done so to speak, onward we go....

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm glad you got that worked out. And by all means, stay on top of this sort of thing. You need to be in charge of what is going on with you. I mean, I'm sure the doctors care, but you care more. And you know yourself better than they do.

Jen said...

I couldn't imagine waiting 14 - 18 days post trigger to test. I mean they always say that, but no way in hell I'd wait that long!

KatieM said...

Oh hell no....I am going to start testing at 10dpiui =)

nancy said...

Good good good. If just for piece of mind even. And you know your body - I bet they'll be all "whoa! glad you came in today instead!"

I've had 3 completed monitored cycles and starting my 4th. All of them had a baseline cd3 u/s. Then 3 of them (all my IUIs) have my first follie check on cd9. The other one had my first follie check on cd13 because we weren't using meds, just monitoring them for trigger, so didn't need to come in earlier.

I still don't understand why he doesn't start earlier. Or is my doctor just WAY more into monitoring? Nice though, since my monitoring and IUI cycles are all inclusive one priced. For the 3 completed, I've had 4, 4, and 5 ultrasounds through cd3 to trigger. Ack. Could you imagine if those were individually charged???

nancy said...

oh - and good for you in starting testing at 10dpiui! I knew I loved you for a reason!

jenn said...

I'm glad you got the earlier visit. And I agree with Nancy- I bet your instincts & knowledge of your own body are proven right on monday!