Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I've been tagged!!

Yay! My friend Nancy has tagged me again. She tagged me once back in 2007 (when my blog was first starting out), and I'm really glad she does because if not I would never be able to participate in these fun little blog games due to my limited blog followers =)

So, the rules are simple: link to the person who tagged you, list the rules in your blog, share six non-important quirks about yourself, tag at least 3 people, and leave those you tagged a comment so they can play too! Here it goes....

1.) Between 7th and 9th grade my feet shrank almost two sizes. Yes, you read that right...they shrank. In 7th grade my tennis shoes (based on sizing for cheerleading shoes) was a 7.5, by the time I had to be fitted again in HS they were a 6! I'm pretty sure it's because I lost a little bit of my "chubby weight" in middle school, but still...it's pretty nifty. Oh, and along with this I stopped growing in 8th grade.

2.) Speaking of feet.....my toes are double jointed (I will have to post a picture of this later so you can get the full effect of what I mean) and I have two small freckles in between my right toes that I often forget are there and try to scrub off because I think it's dirt.

3.) I've only broken three bones in my entire life. One, my middle finger running the mile...haha, yeah yeah, I tripped walking to the track to run it. I got my best time ever but my finger was the size of a sausage afterward and I had to get my gym teacher to zip up my jeans. Two, my elbow at the bowling alley....I was 5, my parents were in a league and the attendant in the childcare room swung me around by my hands and pop went my elbow. Ok, maybe it was dislocated and not "broken" but I still needed a cast...it was pink. Thirdly, my toe during a play I was performing in. One of the men stepped back on my foot and broke two toes...I was around 9. To this day I can't separate those two toes when I spread my toes out.

4.) I finished my Bachelor's degree in 2.5 years. Not much explaining there...I just loaded up on classes each semester.

5.) I was a vegetarian for almost two years in HS. I'm not sure what started it (maybe I wanted to lose weight) but the only reason I ate meat again was because my dad sat me down one night and forced me to eat beef (I had gotten really anemic-holy shit you should have seen my prom pics. I was skinny but white as a ghost). Although I now eat meat again and chicken is one of my favorite foods I still have a lot of "vegetarian tendencies" as in I really like tofu and I would take a veggie burger over the real thing any day of the week.

6.) Lastly, I really love the show "Sex and the City" because that is my altered reality. Part of me would LOVE to be that girl with the crazy dating life, 3 best friends, a sweet apartment in NYC, and enough money to buy Prada and Versace when I want.

OK, there are my random things....now lets find out more about Jen, Megan, Carrie and Kelly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's amazing that you could get your degree in 2.5 years. That would be an impressive feat for anyone, but the fact that you have CF and did it is crazy. I had a friend with CF in high school/college, and her doctor and parents limited her to the minimum amount of credits for a full-time student so that she didn't get stressed out, worn down, and subsequently sick.

KatieM said...

That is definitely understandable. Unfortunately I went to the funeral of one of my friends who died of CF last year....she was sick a lot and stress certainly added to it! I've been lucky in that aspect...really lucky.

Birdee said...

I wished I could send you a veggie burger from the Oasis, Tell you what, Next time you visit Salt Lake City, we'll do lunch and go get one, there the best I've ever had.
You and I are a lot alike, I was vegetarian in high school and, like you, I eat meat now, but not a lot and prefer other things for fillings instead of meat. I eat a lot of dark green salads with a bit of sautéed meat in a chipotle dressing sauce and a grilled tortilla.
Ever read “Eating in the Raw”? I think you’d love that book.