Monday, February 25, 2008

It's as if the heavens opened and a light appeared....

OK, so maybe it wasn't THAT grand (haha), but it did help make my decision about my next IUI. I originally stated that DH and I were going to wait one more month before our next IUI, but I WAS having second thoughts about it and contemplated going in tomorrow for my baseline u/s. Well, tonight the phone rang and I just *knew* what is was for.....Mom called to tell me they were inducing my cousin tomorrow. Her BP was still high so they are stripping her membranes tonight and giving her cervidil; then tomorrow morning they are giving her pitocin to augment labor. The doctor says the baby is still very high and floating so if he doesn't move down before tomorrow night they will probably do a C-section. Anyways......THAT decided it, THAT was my sign..... we WILL go through with the March IUI. Baseline is tomorrow....here's to no cysts (the pain went away after AF started) a good med response, and a good sample to work with. I would say go ahead and hope for a successful IUI, but we will take it one step at a time here ;-)

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I hope this is the month! I would have taken that as a sign too. :)

jenn said...

I just hit send to reply back to you & then saw this! I'm so glad - I will have every possible good thought, vibe, hopes, & prayers going out to you for this to be a very good month!

Jen said...

Good luck this cycle Katie! Oh and hang in there with your cousin and the impending birth. I'm sure that it's not easy for you.

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well for your cousin and her baby. That being said, I love it when things work out to make decisions easier... especially when they favor the chance of a baby sooner rather than later.

Ditto what Jenn said about good thoughts, vibes, hopes, and prayers!

B said...

Good luck 0 FX'd for you!