Friday, February 1, 2008

Six more tidbits....

Guess what, you guys get to find out six more interesting tidbits about me because Duck at Speculum Stories.... tagged me =) The rules are simple:


1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here it goes:

~My bridal set is an heirloom in my husband's family. When DH proposed he didn't actually have a ring, and when we told his mom we were engaged she let us in on this little family secret. Apparently his grandmother had left them to him when she died to give to his future wife. DH's grandfather hand-made both of these rings in a miners cut, which you can't buy anymore, so they are antiques. After we adjusted the size (her fingers were a 7.5, mine are a 4) it is absolutely perfect for my hand!

~I am a fanatic about skin care. I have a pore cleanser I use at night, a daily recharging cloth in the morning, a hydroxy mask I use twice a week, pore strips I use once a week, and I wear moisturizer with SPF every single day. Oh, and all my make-up is Almay.

~Twizzler cherry bites and Gummi bears are my favorite candy. Although I do like chocolate (esp. the dark kind) I prefer fruity candies and desserts.....except when it comes to chocolate pudding, which I will pick every time.

~People in my family tend to die on other people's birthdays. My grandfather died on my brothers' birthday on Nov. 16th and my great-grandmother died on my cousin's birthday, Jan. 25th. Oh and a close family friend (with CF) died the day after my Mom's birthday if you want to include that too.

~I have a hard time finding real perfume that doesn't make me sneeze or cough all day when I have it on. Ironically scented lotions don't do this.

~I get sun poison (technically a form of solar urticaria) when I go to the beach. Usually this means I have to lather up on high SPF broad spectrum sunscreen and take a histamine blocker before spending a day on the sand. It's annoying sometimes, but I deal and it doesn't make me love the beach any less. I think it stems from my exposure to many sun sensitive abx as a child....although my dad's half-sister has it so maybe a portion is genetic, who knows.

So, there ya go. More random things about me...am I any more interesting yet? =P Due to my lack of blogger popularity I'm not sure I have anyone else to tag....Shayna, have you been tagged yet? So, if you are reading this and you haven't been tagged yet.....get to it!!

**update: I now officially tag Morgan.


3 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Wow thanks for tagging me I feel so special!! hehe! Ok I figured it out but now all I need to know is how to link a persons blog on your own blog..like you did mine. How do you do that again?

KatieM said...

Highlight the word you want to link such as a name or name of a blog, then click the hyper link button beside the font selections when you are editing your post(it looks like a world with a chain link on it). Then just type in the link. HTH =)

Nadine said...

WOW thanks for playing, all the people i know die in November, it's creepy. Every year, one person i'm close to and 2 other people that i know but are not close to die, always 3, always november... it's creepy.