Friday, February 22, 2008

In true crazy, this cycle is a bust, infertile fashion....

Thomas and I adopted a new dog today. He is an 8 month old brindle and white American Terrier mix....we named him Buster. He and Ginger play like champs (which is the point because they wear each other out). Yeah, I'm crazy.....I will post a picture in about a week....after he is fattened up a little and has a bath (he was just neutered yesterday so no water immersion for about 7 days). He is quite adorable though, and we spent about an hour or two at the shelter seeing which dogs Ginger got along the best with and he was it.

The lady at the shelter said he would be around 50 lbs (which is what Ginger is) however he will be shorter because his legs aren't as long as hers. He already knows how to sit, but he still needs obedience training and we are going to get him in a class soon.

It is completely crazy we did this today, but it does have its benefits in the short and long run. =) Actually I remember saying when we got Ginger that if we weren't pregnant in a year we would give her a fur-sibling....so here we are!

4 comments:

Monica Fayth said...

congrats! that's pretty much why we got Molly, so that Boots would have a friend.

Jen said...

I can't wait to see the pics next week. He sounds beautiful! I'd get a playmate for Cujo but it turns out that he prefers being an only dog. Whenever we've dog-sat he seems more relieved than anything after they leave. But I guess they do disrupt his lazy lifestyle.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Congratulations on the new puppy! He sounds adorable. I can't wait to see pictures.

nancy said...

awwww! I want to see pictures!

Welcome to the family Buster!