Sunday, February 17, 2008

GREAT STRIDES walk

Hello everyone out there! As many of you know besides being infertile I have Cystic Fibrosis, and in a few posts below this one made a commitment to help in the cure for CF. I am donating money to the C.ystic Fi.brosis Found.ation, however on top of this I have decided to became a team leader for my local GREAT STRIDES walk. This means that I need to get people to sponsor me walking in order to raise money.

I know that everyone out here in this great big IF blog world has a lot on their plate, but I am asking if you could just take one minute to look at my website, here (or under the "About Me" on the left side of my blog), and consider donating for this cause. I want to do this to help save children's lives so I hope that is your reason too, but just for added information CF affects fertility too...about 97 percent of men with CF present with azoospermia due to CBAVD, and women with CF often have a harder time conceiving due to thickened mucus in the fallopian tubes, around the egg itself and in the cervix. However, in my eyes this issue is secondary as I have recently attended a funeral for someone only 3 years older than myself.....a wonderful person who was taken too soon and never got the chance to marry or even try for a family....she would have been a great mother.

Every little bit helps....every bit may save a life.

Thanks!

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I like the new look on your website. I hadn't seen it until now since I had been reading on my cell phone.

I donated! I hope you reach your goal and have a great walk!

Mrs. Shoes said...

As someone who recently learned that I am a CF carrier, I intend to support your cause.

Jen said...

I'm more than happy to help out! Good luck!

Mrslady1975 said...

Hi Kat!

It appears that tax payers filing as "married filing separately" are treated like single taxpayers. Your AGI would have to be below $75,000 to get the max. rebate. I am still trying to do some research on this but this is what I have read so far. I am going to post this on your blog too!

I hope you are having a good day.

Em

Heidi said...

Good for you!!! I have two cousins with CF and you sound just like them-NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!