Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ahh...Mommy time

Right now I'm enjoying some Mommy time sans baby. Don't get me wrong, I love my son, I love spending all day with him and honestly right now I want to be a SAHM if I could, BUT in the evening after 2 hour feeds and just as frequent diaper changes during the day I need some time without the responsibility of baby and this is where my wonderful husband comes in. Usually after the 7ish feed I hand Cullen over to Thomas and do anything I want without worry until the next feed (usually between 9 and 10)....take a bath, read a book, cruise the internet, blog...whatever. It's MY own time and I thoroughly enjoy it. Plus, I think it serves another purpose by building my husband's parenting confidence, and as Nancy talks about in her post here he must actually DO the baby thing without being ASKED to do the baby thing from me.

Random thought: I love Ice Breakers Pomegranate Lemon-Aid Restore mints, and my dogs love the new pigs ears we bought them (but they really stink AND come from some really huge pigs....I bet they are actually hogs' ears).

Lastly, I realize I have been royally craptastic at posting pictures and updates about my little man so tommorow I will create a post jammed full of all things Cullen =)

2 comments:

Monica Fayth said...

I'm glad you're able to take the time you need. Kudos to Thomas for helping out!

jenn said...

So glad you are getting a hand every day so you can have some 'Katie" time! That's so important! Can't wait to see pics!