Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I just wanted to say happy Father's Day to all the men out there. To all the Fathers with grown children, for those with young children, for those with angel children and to those who only get to dream of their children yet to be.

I especially want to say Happy Father's Day to my husband. To the man who became a Father the day we found out about the twins, and who lost a little part of his heart the day we lost them. To the man who was supposed to be holding his first babies today, but yet gets to keep holding on to the hope for the day he holds THIS baby. For the man who never stopped dreaming about a becoming a Dad, and cried with me all those times that dream failed. To the man who looks at me every day and says he can't wait until November, and who touches and talks to my belly lovingly and with excitement every night. To my husband.....Happy Fathers Day sweetie, I love you!

I also want to take a minute to talk about my own Dad. Gosh, I love that man.....he was my hero growing up. We used to go on picnics, fly kites, go fishing, and we've made more memories on the beach than I can count. We still have father/daughter dates and I truly like spending time with him. I can't wait for my children to get to know him. He's getting older and I worry about him, but he's still strong and active. He has always loved my Mom and me, and did everything in his power to give our family the best life he could. He truly is a special man, and I'm thankful to call him my Dad.

Happy Father's Day everyone!

2 comments: