Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April is the time to walk!!

As everyone knows I have my G.reat Stri.des walk coming up on the 26th of this month. As a side note here, my team is over halfway to our goal (thanks to some wonderful, wonderful blogger women out there!). Anyways, I found out yesterday the final distance for the walk is 10K (6.2 miles), a little longer than I originally thought, but not too bad....at 20 minutes a mile you are looking at around 2ish hours of walking fun! =)

Well, the school I work for is sponsoring the local women's walk on April 12th and my co-worker wanted me to join her team....so I did. I figured why not, it is only 5K and will get me geared up for my 10K two weeks later. Luckily there is no fund raising involved in this one, the money is made via a registration fee, which is being covered by my company. So, needless to say April is definitely a month of walking for me (on top of the fact I walk almost everyday after work)! However,I really love walking outside when the weather warms up, so I am kind of excited about it. =D

3 comments:

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Sounds like a wonderful idea! Have fun and enjoy the outdoors for me. =) I wish I had that kind of motivation/energy/etc.

CanadianMama said...

Wow, you are a fast walker. It used to take me 1.5 hours to run 10k.
Yes, I was really that slow!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I took my dog on my last 10K walk. (March of Dimes.) She had a terrific time. I was so sore the next day from being pulled the whole way. (Because she was having such a good time.)